The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight.
Research has shown that tennis can increase physical fitness as well as mental capacity. Students at the Ricardo Flores Magon Academy receive daily tennis lessons from a certified tennis professional as part of the daily curriculum. The goal is to strengthen the self-reliance and focus needed to prepare students for college, as well as to become some of the best competitive players in the state.
Students compete in leagues and tournaments from around the state, as well as intramural tournaments at the school. Recently, RFMA students won 1st place in the annual Colorado Athletic State Association (CARA) tennis tournament. Some of the services offered as part of the tennis program include:
- Daily tennis lessons with a certified tennis professional
- Competition in various statewide tournaments
- Quick-start tennis program for younger students
- Summer tennis instruction programs
About the current tennis instructor
Zach Couchman is a Colorado native and has spent most of his life in Colorado. He has been playing tennis since 4th grade, and has being a PE teacher for the last 6 years. He enjoys all kinds of sports and tries get out to the courts, whenever has a chance. He loves working with students and seeing the impact that he is making toward helping future generations. Loves to learn new things every day and hope to share that learning process with each and every student he teaches.
- Instrucción diaria de un profesionista de tenis certificado
- Competiciones en varios torneos del estado
- Programa de inicio rápido para alumnos menores
- Programas de insrucción de tenis durante el verano